Everything you should know before purchasing solar for your home in 2021 from a sustainability expert. We review cost and environmental benefits of home solar panel installations, financial incentives the keep costs down, new technology, and increasing electricity costs. Check out part 2 for an update and explanation of the solar tax credit. If you enjoyed this video, please consider subscribing!
Part 2: https://youtu.be/wVtWWrn_faY
Here Are Some Tips and Myths When Buying a Solar Panel System for Your Home in 2021
1) Many people believe that solar panel systems for homes are an unaffordable expense and can only save money in the long run. However, many solar panel systems for homes could start saving you money from day one, with the right financing options. If you can afford your electric bill, you can afford a solar panel system for your home.
2) If you don't get a solar panel system for your home, you can end up paying the electric company tens of thousands of dollars.
3) Electricity prices across the country are high and only increasing. A solar panel system for your home protects you from increasing electricity costs.
4) Many utility companies use a program called Net Metering. This means your home solar panel system will be design to be as small as possible, saving you money. If your home solar panel system generates extra electricity, for example in the summer, the utility company will store it as a credit for you to use later. That way, in months where your home solar panel system doesn't generate enough power, you can pull from those credits.
5) With net metering, most home solar panel systems won't need batteries. However, many home solar panel system providers can help you with that.
6) Solar panel system for homes are all different. Each home has different characteristics and will generate a different amount of power. However, about 4-8 years could be expected to pay off a home solar panel system.
7) Solar panel system for homes increases property values. According to Zillow, a home with a solar panel system will sell for about 4% more than one without it.
8) Solar panel system for homes does have some environmental impact, however as a whole, home solar panel systems have a much lower impact on the environment, with the exception of metal depletion. In terms of climate change and carbon emissions, solar power is significantly lower as a whole when compared to coal or natural gas.
9) It takes about 2.3 years for home solar panel systems to make up for the environmental damage they caused.
10) Solar Panel System for Homes in 2021 can still receive a federal tax credit to help cover some of the solar panel system cost. The tax credit will decrease in 2021 and expire in 2022, so if you're considering getting a solar panel system for your home, you'll want to act in 2021.
11) If you wait until after 2021 for better home solar panels in terms of efficiency, you'll likely end up losing money overall, as the tax credit will drop and efficiency won't increase enough to account for the difference.
12) If you wait until after 2021, the impact will be even worse that waiting until after 2020.
We've reviewed home solar panel system providers to help you find the best solar power system for your home. Check out these great solar providers below!
Contact: [email protected]
Recommended Solar Providers for Homes
Not seeing a solar provider in your area? Recommend one in the comments!
Want to add your solar company to this list?
Contact us: [email protected]
Southern California Area:
Prestige Power: https://goprestigepower.com
Chittenden County Area:
Green Mountain Solar: https://www.greenmtnsolar.com
Is Going Solar In 2021 Worth It? | Review From A Sustainability Expert. Are Solar Panels A Good Buy?. Solar Energy Becoming Increasingly Popular In Florida As Homeowners Save Money On Power Bill. Are Solar Panels Worth It in Arizona .... Are Solar Panels Worth It In Florida .... Momentum Solar Review: Installation and .... Are solar panels worth it in Florida .... pros and cons of solar energy .... 2. Are Solar Panels Worth It In Florida .... Solar Energy – Florida Municipal Power ....